If a fire occurred in your home tonight would your family get out safely? A fast, pre-planned escape is critical to survival. There are no second chances in a fire. Follow these simple steps:
- Test your smoke alarms - every month!
- Discuss with everyone in your home how each person will get out in a fire & practice your plan!
- Know two ways out of each room, if possible.
- Determine who’s going to help young children, older adults, people with disabilities or anyone else who needs help escaping.
- Have a meeting place outside your home.
- Call 9-1-1 or your emergency number from outside the home.
- GET OUT, STAY OUT! Never re-enter a burning building!
EVERY SECOND COUNTS! Fire and smoke can travel so quickly that despite their best efforts, firefighters may not be able to rescue you or your family if a fire occurs in your home. You need to be out of your home when the firefighters arrive!
For more information, contact the Quinte West Fire Department, 165 Front St, Trenton, 613-392-2841