Thanks to the generosity of the Federal Government and the continued enthusiasm and support of our local community, the planning stages of the renovation of the ski chalet and select Batawa trails are well under way.
We have engaged David Agro, a renowned architect and environmentalist, to oversee the chalet renovations and the construction of our new trail network. Knudsen Construction, the same company that built the chalet in 1969, has agreed to take on this project.
As a part of the chalet renovation, the upgrades will include:
• Green initiatives to decrease our carbon footprint
• New fully accessible entranceways
• New washrooms
• New flooring throughout the building.
• A new commercial kitchen
The designs are being finalized and construction is scheduled to begin shortly with project completion scheduled for mid December. The Batawa Trails project is also well underway. With help from experienced trail builders, we have laid out the basic design elements of some new or upgraded existing trails on the property around the ski chalet. In the near future, the new trails will be marked and we hope to complete construction by summer 2018.
The following trails are part of the initial plan:
• A fully accessible trail leading from the Children’s Playground to the dino Dig and Ski Chalet
• A multi-use trail to the top of the Ski Hill, South and through the forest
• A fitness trail with exercise stations
• A cycling Pump Track
• A single track mountain biking loop
Stay tuned for more information about all the exciting changes coming to Batawa!